This football practice focuses on developing the player's ability to combine and rotate in central areas, penetrating defensive pressing lines.
We play with a 5 v 5 in a 30 x 30 Yard area with a 10 x 10 Yard area with a single floater to connect play. The objective is for the possession team to use the central floater to keep possession in their attack.
See all of Coaching Theme 1: http://go.touchtight.com/rMpLye
Key Coaching Points
· Tactical - Recognise when to combine with the central player to score a point
· Social - Work collectively to build attacks and create space for the central pass.
Progression | 1
· Remove the floater and have a player from the possession team play in the central area.
Key Coaching Point
· Technical - Weight, and accuracy of the pass and central player to play on one or two touches to combine.
Progression | 2
· Rotation in a central area for the possession team, either after a pass or during the possession phase.
Key Coaching Questions
· How does the opposition defend against this and what problems does this cause?
· How can central players combine in one touch effectively, what support can you provide in your teams for this player?